Ashley Cain is the co-owner of Painted Post Publications, along with her business partner Bruce Ripley, of Ripley Communications. Bruce and Ashley share decades of experience working for and with nonprofits. In 2018, they teamed up to create Painted Post Publications, a company bringing you books and trainings on a variety of nonprofit topics including grant writing, consulting, and more.
Get the Grant: Your No B.S. Introduction to Foundation Grants
A fantastic, concise resource for new grant writers and those looking for a great go-to guide with which to sharpen their skills. Co-authored by two expert professionals whose writing has raised millions for nonprofits, this guide will teach you how to secure grant funding for your nonprofit organization, too.
This book will help you learn:
- What materials to gather
- Why program design & evaluation are important to the grant-seeking success
- How to locate good grant opportunities
- How to write a solid grant proposal
- How to cultivate relationships with grant funders
And much more!
Granted: How to Break Into Freelance Grant Writing and Create a Business and Life You Love
Two veteran grant writing consultants address your questions and fears about taking the freelance plunge. Filled with candid advice and real-world examples, this compact guide will show you how to:
- Evaluate whether freelance grant writing is truly for you
- Define your business vision
- Screen prospective clients
- Market your services and network effectively
- Manage expectations
- Address common challenges faced by freelance grant writers
Granted: How to Break into Freelance Grant Writing and Create a Business and Life You Love reveals how you can survive and, better yet, THRIVE as a freelance grant writer! It's like having two business mentors, in book form.